Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tasty and healthy with a dose of philosophy and politics!

A little introduction is called for. The name is Stuart and my game is great food with an omnivorous appetite for more great food along with politics and whatever else strikes my fancy. I am a chef by training (35 years in the business as dishwasher to F&B director) and a voracious consumer of books and great web content. My tastes run from the blogs Why Evolution is True, Pharyngula, Sam Harris, The Daily Kos, and Salon to Arts and Letters Daily, The Agate Lady, and of course the Elvis Costello Homepage. Some of my favorite authors include Christopher Hitchens, Steven Pinker, Sam Harris, Jim Harrison, Alice Monroe, and Bart Ehrman. I am not a huge TV guy but I do love Iron Chef, Chopped, and Top Chef along with anything that involves Neil deGrassie Tyson or Brian Cox. I try to be involved with social issues that resonate with me such as Universal Healthcare, Women's Rights, Evolution, Global Climate Change, and the World Wide Extermination of Bio-Diversity. I am a painter and writer (quite amateur) and will also post my work here. That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment